Monday, July 25, 2011

LOVEBOX: MAVERICK SABRE



Maverick was one of the many talented artists who dropped by the G-Shock bus for a quick chat...

How do you feel about making it onto the Radio 1 playlist?

It’s a weird experience, I’m not gonna lie! Sarah Jane was the first one to play me on BBC Radio, on 1Xtra and there’s always RWD love… it’s a fantastic experience as well because it just shows the progression. Last year I was on the Gaymers stage first, and this year I’m on the main stage.

What is the toughest thing about your job?

The toughest part is dealing with criticism because I’m very critical of myself. If you’re a real musician you become a vulnerable person; I put my life and soul out there. I don’t hide anything, I don’t tell any fake stories, I don’t try and portray myself as something I’m not; so I put everything out there from my own personal issues to everything else. So when someone criticises that, it’s a hard thing but that’s what I do as a musician, so I’ve got to take the good with the bad.

What’s the toughest decision you’ve made as an artist?

The toughest risk that I’ve ever had to go with is against myself; any song that I’ve done, I've felt like I’m not sure if it’s gonna be a big tune even when everyone else has been like 'No it’s gonna be a big tune'. There’s very few tunes that I’ve agreed that with myself, I’m very critical of my own work and to be honest I think if I had the decision on all my own work, I would never put anything out.

What is the toughest part of your body?

Oh Lord! It’s got to be my head, I’ve got a very big head, very hard head, my dad used to find it hard to get me cowboy hats when I was smaller because I’ve got such a big head! It’s a rock hard head, Wayne Rooney and Phil Mitchell head.

Make sure you go and grab the Let Me Go EP released today and check out the Luke Monaghan and James Barber visuals for the track below.

No comments:

Post a Comment