Friday, January 20, 2012

A*M*E: City Lights [Video]




























We at G-Shock have a lot of love both for Aminata Kabba  as well as her collaborators, beatmaking genius brothers, MNEK and Bartoven. Featuring the trio themselves, this video accompanies a fanzine edited by A*M*E - which you can download for free from here. Yeah, a fanzine, making videos, making music. Teenagers these days, eh! What's wrong with drinking cider in parks? Eh? EH!



We had a quick chat with A*M*E recently. Here's what she had to say about herself.

* I'm influenced by the '90s, Diane King, Madonna, Florence and Rihanna. I’m doing something different to the stereotypical black, teenage, urban thing, so I hope people appreciate that. But it’s fun pop music, nothing too heavy or tragic or sad or anything like that. Something people can relate to. I’m bringing it back 90’s style!



* Moving from Sierra Leone to London when I was 8 was shocking! Literally from nowhere, to seeing, like, trains and hills and perfume was just massive to me. It was a massive culture shock.

*I have a piercing addiction. I’ve got 13 piercings! Yeah.  I went and got my bellybutton pierced once. My mum was like 'No more, no more'.  I was like 'Alright mum!' and I got 12 more. I wanted to feel like a bit of a rebel. 


* If I could work with anyone in the world, it would it be [Producers] Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and Aretha Franklin.

* My favourite item of clothing are my lilac DMs.

* If I wasn't making music, I'd be in college studying history, English, dance and music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment