Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sande Wins BRITS Critic Choice Award




Congratulations to Scottish singer and songwriter Emeli Sande who has just been announced as the BRITs Critics Choice for 2012.

Made up of industry experts, Sande beat out Maverick Sabre and Michael Kiwanuku, and joins past winners like Jessie J, Adele (who is a fan of Sande) and Florence + The Machine.

 “I feel really excited about it,” she told us. “When you work so hard behind the scenes and no one knows or cares who you are, when you get that recognition and you work really hard for it, it just feels great. I’ve just got to keep doing what I do and I’m not going to change the way I approach anything. So I feel excited and I feel great to get that acknowledgment.”

Emeli, who has written for Chipmunk, Wiley, Cheryl Cole and Subo, will perform at the Nominations party in January before accepting the award live on stage at the Brits, February 2012.

Check Emeli performing her next single on Jools.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment