Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Javin Lau: Hong Kong Is Home


Hong Kong is Home. from Javin Lau on Vimeo.


Stunningly beautiful and highly creative video of Hong Kong shot from all sorts of angles using all sorts of beautiful ideas.

An absolute watch whether you've been before or not. The film was created by Javin Lau who first arrived in Hong Kong ten years ago.

"I felt like I had walked into an actual movie set. It was a place that I had only seen on TV as a kid, with its strange red taxi’s, odd stop lights and driving on the other side of the road.


My intent with this project was to illustrate the grandeur of Hong Kong that most people would never get to see. When I had recently watched the movie Oblivion, it had somehow starkly reminded me of Hong Kong, with the feeling of being so insignificantly small -- almost irrelevant to my surroundings. Hong Kong is an unbelievably dense city, where much of the world can be accessed at your fingertips. But in a city where you can access the material world in a matter of seconds, it also has the ability to isolate you from the 8 million people around you as well. With this piece, I hope that you are able to engage in this contradiction."

Watch more of Javin's work here.




---

No comments:

Post a Comment