Monday, July 16, 2012

Time For: Kozzie

Pictured alongside SBTV founder Jamal Edwards, just about to go in on his F64, South London's Kozzie has been spitting into the mic - and faces of MC's check him out in 'Lord Of The Mics III' - for a hot minute. Recent single 'Yeah' was playlisted on 1Xtra and did the rounds in the raves too, now managed by BBK and his live sets pleasing the crowd over and over again, we caught up with the MC  for a quick chat.

Tell us about your most recent single, the Preditah produced 'Yeah'.

I’ve always thought he was a great producer but loads of artists were vocalling his tunes…I said I wanted it to sound a bit different and get a little bit of dub in there.



What do you think the future of grime holds, and do you think 'real' grime will make it into the charts?

I think it’s gonna take a certain song, and less violence in lyrics… but as long as the grime artists stick to grime songs, it should do well.

What is the toughest part of your body?

My head, cos I've got a brain.

What's the toughest decision you've had to make?

Probably choosing between football or music. I was on my way to being something, maybe important?

Last but not least.

I'd like to get on the G Shock sessions, I've performed there before with like Lady Chann but if people haven't seen me perform before I'm energetic, hyperactive and my stage presence is good, so yeah check me out!
  
Make sure you follow @OfficialKozzie and grab the single Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment