Friday, December 7, 2012

Emeli Sande: Clown


The latest single to be taken frmo the Scottish singer's multi-platinum album, and the highest selling UK album of 2012, no less!

This one is one of our favourites from Our Version Of Events and we're loving this '40s interrogation style video too.

Here's what Emeli told us about Clown a year or so ago before all of the huge fame and acclaim that was to come her way in 2012.

"I wrote that on the piano when I was addicted to strings with Sha (Naughty Boy)! It's about not allowing yourself to be taken for a mug. I wrote it quite a while ago when I was trying to get signed and literally no-one was interested… Doing the rounds of labels, I just didn’t like it. I just thought, I’d rather be a bit more in control than this. It was hard at the time because it was so tempting. But I was doing my exams at school, then I got accepted into medicine at Glasgow Uni. It would have been too much of a risk to say no to medicine then go down to London and just be another singer. I was going for all these meetings and people were looking at me like ‘What do we do with you’? It's about not allowing yourself to be taken for an idiot."

No comments:

Post a Comment