Monday, December 3, 2012

Charli XCX Ft. Brooke Candy: Cloud Aura


We're big fans of Charli XCX here. We also love the super-rude Brooke Candy, stripper turned rapper, who is featured in this month's i-D mag.

Hope that 2013 is a great year for Charli, who has been making music for the last five or so years.

"Cloud Aura was the lead track from my mixtape Super Ultra. It's a really special track for me because I guess it's my first proper collaboration. I asked Brooke to get on the track 'cause I could hear her voice on it sounding awesome. And she slayed it. She's such a talent and a superstar. She's fierce and part of this new wave of strong females standing up for what they believe in, and I'm so into that. I made the video with Brooke and Ryan Andrews. I wanted to make the video super fantastical and emotional, so I used clips from my favourite films like Carrie and TV shows like The Hills(!). It's a mix of all my favourite things. It's the internet meets LA, meets London. All the places my mind lives in and all the place I want to be."

Follow Charli on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment