Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Time With: Zedd



Born in Germany, this classically trained musician has remixed everyone from Skrillex to the Black Eyed Peas. The man born Anton recently signed to Interscope and is said to be working on the new Lady Gaga album after his remixes for the Gagz appeared on the Deluxe release of Born This Way. He also has 'cuts' on the Bieb's new album. Not bad for a guy who only started producing three years ago.

We had a very, very quick chat with the man they call Zedd. Big things are going to happen with this guy, mark our words.

How would you describe your sound?
To make it easy, I'll say electro; everywhere between progressive house and electro and everything in between.

What tune do you always reach for to pick up a flagging crowd?
My new single, Spectrum! You should check it out. It's the shit (starts to play the riff on the Casio XW-P1 synth).

What's been the toughest decision you've ever made?
Signing to a major label. I liked the fact that as an independent artist, I could really do what I want to. If I want to release a song tomorrow, I can release a song. If I want to put something out for free, I can. So I was a little scared about losing that freedom by signing to a major label but luckily it's all the same because I have the support of a lot of people helping me reach the goals that I want to achieve.

Who are you working with right now?
Well, before, I wanted to do things, so I told my managers and we would do it. Now, I still make the call and everyone comes on board ( - yeah, us either). I've just done a song with Ellie Goulding, which is for my album. I have a lot of interesting projects and collaborations coming up.


Follow
Like
Listen


Here's a behind the scenes of the video to Spectrum, which has been remixed by basically everyone in the whole world (A-Trak, Funkagenda, Armin van Buuren, Monsta etc etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment