Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rival: Interview


We caught up with East London MC Rival recently for a quick chat about his upcoming release Lord Rivs and exactly what’s tough other than his G-Shock obvs…

What is the toughest part of your job?
Staying on my job and not getting distracted

What is the toughest decision you’ve had to make?
It was whether I was gunna do music or have a full time job, I always wanted to be an architect when I was younger.

What is the toughest part of your body?
Mouth. Because that’s where the lyrics come from!

So what can you tell us about the new EP ‘Lord Rivs’?
Production wise I’ve got Nytez, G. Tank, Flava D, Skeamz, they’re the main producers on this project. Collaboration wise, I’ve got Ghetts, Dot Rotten, Lioness, Manga…When you hear the mixtape you’ll hear the rest of the collaborations. I did ‘Lord Of The Mics’ that’s the only reason why I got that name 'Lord Rivs'. My favourite track on there is probably the tune I done with Ghetts called ‘Save Me’, it’s the strongest track I’ve done to date. When I wrote it I definitely wrote it from the heart, so I think my verse on that tune stands out because it means a lot to me but in terms of catching a vibe, I’d say ‘They Said’ and the video for that will be out in a few weeks.

'Lord Rivs' is out Nov 21st and you can follow Rival on Twitter @JusRival



No comments:

Post a Comment